Friday, May 23, 2014

Street Fighter Assassin's Fist

Here it is! Enjoy!
Street Fighter Assassin's Fist is proof positive that it is possible to make a legendary live action Street Fighter movie! I watched the entire movie yesterday and I may be completely biased but I loved it!
Having seen the anime Street Fighter Alpha generations and a fan of the franchise I already knew the story of Goutetsu, Gouki, Gouken, Ryu, Ken, the Satsui No Hado, the Ansatsuken  Martial Art style, the power of nothingness.
The story is so well told in SFAF that anyone gamer or not will enjoy this movie!
The story is timeless and tells a tale that is very similar to one from a galaxy far, far away and dare I say watching Gouki's lust for mastery of the Satsui No Hado was more enjoyable than watching Anakin's fall to the Dark Side in the PT!
The casting was PERFECT! Akira Koieyama was without a doubt the absolute perfect choice for Gouken Sensai! Christian Howard IS Ken Masters, he nailed Ken's personality and seeing him and Mike Moh together on screen was a dream come true. The chemistry between Christian, Mike and Akira felt absolutely real and the final scene when they leave Gouken Sensai's dojo to begin their Musha shugyō (warriors pilgrimage) I don't think they were acting....it felt too real!
As I said before the entire cast was spot on and I was also very impressed with Gaku Space and his performance! His anger and desire to unlock the secrets of the Satsui No Hado was amazing! And Togo Igawa as Goutetsu Sensai was a joy to watch. The fateful confrontation between Goutetsu and Gouki/Akuma was verbatim from Street Fighter Generations and was for fans of Street Fighter absolutely amazing to see in live action


So after 4 years of following Joey and Christian and there labor of love (because only true fans could have made this) I can say Street Fighter Assassin's Fist is a Warriors Dream!
I look forward to reading reviews from all my friends who I'm been hyping this up to for the last few years...
SHORYUKEN!

One last thing....bring on the Sagat Vs Ryu fight in Street Fighter the World Warriors!!!!!!
Oh and who the hell is Dan! LMFAO

No comments:

Post a Comment