Saturday, May 5, 2012

Game Review: Journey

When I first read about this game I was intrigued..... a multiplayer game that doesn't require the player to play with anyone, where your identity is ambiguous, where the only form of communication is a melodic chime.
You've heard the term it's not the destination but the journey...that is essentially all Journey is about.  
Recently there's been more and more debate as to whether video games can be considered art, Roger Ebert is of the opinion that they are not. Many non gamers still see video games as a kids hobby. I believe if they play experience Journey they're opinions might be challenged. I've been playing video games since the Atari 2600 was "current gen", I've played adventure games, RPG's, sports games, MMO's, fighting games, racing games, FPS's, TPS's, TRPG's and Journey doesn't fit into ANY of these genre's!  Journey is such a unique experience, that I don't want to go into too much detail but I assure you Journey is worth every cent!
In today's generation where games are striving for bigger and more realistic Journey shines in an abstract yet eerily familiar world.
The game's environments are stunning as is the music, the entire experience spans from serene tranquility to emotionally uplifting.
Journey isn't about high scores, kill counts, win streaks or any thing like that, it offers the player a memorable experience and afterwards once your journey is complete you will then understand why I urge you to experience this game for yourself....or with someone you meet along the way.
10/10

No comments:

Post a Comment