Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Space Battleship Yamato live action movie















Hollywood has turned it's all seeing eye on the world of Anime and it scares me. The Wachowski Bro's site their inspiration for The Matrix was in large part because of Ghost in the Shell,; the first Matrix is a great movie but the same cannot be said for the second and third. More recently I've read that Tobey Macguire is interested in producing a Robotech live action movie, ugh don't even get me started on the fact that Robotech is a reguritated scrambled mess of three completely unrelated anime series and that the first Robotech saga is a poor retelling of Super Dimentional Fortress Macross! Then the Wachowski's did a live action Speed Racer....
Then hollywood gave us Astroboy an animated movie based on the anime series; what was the point in making that movie!!!???? It's like writing a novel based on a short story...they're both from the same genre!
And lately I heard the Akira live action movie has been put on the back burner....I hope it stays there. Hollywood is pathetically trying to turn anything and everything in a movie, things that shouldn't be concidered like video games (look how well they turn out) and now Anime.
I can't say live action versions of anime can't be good because I watched the live action Death Note
films and the first one was actually very good, the second wasn't bad but the first was definately a good film and stayed true to the source material....and it wasn't made in hollywood!
Today I learned of the live action version of Space Battleship Yamato, I was very young but this is one of the early series, like Battle of the Planets and Galaxy Railways that grabbed the attention many kids my age.

No comments:

Post a Comment