Monday, August 29, 2005

Gods in the Hall

August 29th 2005 I logged on for a bit and to my surprise my scroll of tele Mea had finally sold! Tryptifaeris once again has a bit of finacial freedom to loosen his force belt. To celebrate I decided to go for a hike, I left Jeuno through Port and headed out into the Sauromugue Champlain, I didn't have any specific destination. As I traveled south the sun began to sink into the west and the ruins cast a shadow across the land, to my right, sloping upward was the way to the Gariliage Citadel. The trail I was taking was littered with fallen columns and dead trees, far off to the east was the ocean, as dusk arrived my path brought me to a pass that led to the Meriphataud Mountains.

On the other side of the pass I entered the Meriphataud Mountain range, the terrain is similar to Tahrongi Canyon. The most distinctive feature of the Meriphataud Mountain Range is Drogaroga's Spine that juts out of the earth and streches from the eastern most region of the range straight across to the western end, it is made of the same strange bonelike material as the crags and is about 18 feet elevated all the way across with no suports. From my knowledge I suspect that Vana Diel is a "growth" on a tremenous creature's skeleton from a time before time....perhaps some day we shall see if my theory is true.
I figured Tryp had walked this far I might as well keep walking. I headed east towards an outpost I spotted off in the distance. I past it and continued towards the Santuary of Zi Tah to the Northeast, I had never been there and by all accounts I shouldn't enter those woods, the stars illuminated the sky and a warm summerbreeze blew throughout the range, I almost thought I could hear Altana's voice whispering to me......
The path into the Sanctuary wasn't visable until I was right in front of it, I entered, not knowing what to expect. The Sanctuary was actually an ancient forest, the mists of dawn hovered around my ankles, the stars faded and the haze of the morning sun seeped through the roof top of the forest. The trunks of the trees were as wide as the tower ruins of Sauromuge, the forest floor was as soft as a taru carpet from the leaves, roots jutted thru the floor in certain areas some were large enough to act as bridges over the mysterious crystal pools I found. Tryp felt very alone in these woods, they were nothing like the woods of Ronafaure. Throughout the forest there were clusters of large crystals that also jutted out of the earth, some emitted a cold light from within them. I did not possess a map of the Sanctuary of Zi Tah so I wandered aimlessly like a mithra child in a fish market.
As I wandered through the forest I recalled Krogenar telling me of the giant Boyahda Tree he had recently been to, the tree was home to numerous types of beasts. I wondered if my feet would bring me there, but Altana had another path for me this day. I continued walking aimlessly, as morning mist had burned off as mid day approached, my elvaan instincts told me I was headed north, my lonliness changed to frustration as I wondered if my little hike would leave me lost in these woods forever. Just then I saw a clearing up ahead the light of day shone on the forest floor. My spirits lifted and I ran to the clearing, on the north end I spotted more of that strange bonelike surface hidden in the underbrush. I cleared the thorny bramble and there was the arched entrance to a place I had no knowledge of. I passed through the archway to an opening, I was suddenly very aware I was extremely far from civilization and the safety of Jeuno or Bastok.


I almost wished to be back in the forest, the wind was icey cold and the sound of life were replaced with a mechanical humming this was the Ro 'Maeve. I reassured myself that Altana was looking after me and cast sneak & Invisible and ran into this forsaken region.
Altana was certainly looking after me this day I ran with absolutely no idea where I was going and if my spells had worn off I'd be intantly dead. This is an area for level 73-75 players go for XP. I just ran up one flight of stairs after the next and I finally reached the entrance to the Hall of the Gods....
"Before one can cast a shadow you must first find the light"

No comments:

Post a Comment